Sexual Assault Crisis Line
1800 806 292*
Free call* Victoria, Australia
The Sexual Assault Crisis Line Victoria (SACL) is a state-wide, after-hours, confidential, telephone crisis counselling service for victim/survivors of both past and recent sexual assault.
SACL operates between 5pm weeknights through to 9am the next day and throughout weekends and public holidays.
What does SACL provide?
- Afterhours telephone crisis counselling support, information, advocacy and referral to anyone living in Victoria who has experienced any form of sexual assault at any point in their lives.
- Co-ordination of a crisis care response to recent victim/survivors of sexual assault within the last 2 weeks throughout Victoria. This involves an immediate face to face response with a Counsellor/Advocate from CASA.
- Support and information to non-offending family and friends.
- Information on legal and medical rights/options
- Advocacy with service providers and secondary consultation to professionals
Crisis line 1800 806 292 (Freecall* Victoria, Australia)
Admin: (03) 8345 3021
Fax: (03) 8345 2081
Police/emergency contact line: (03) 8345 3494
Find your nearest Centre Against Sexual Assault
* Charges are applicable from mobile phones - Ask the Counsellor to return your call.
Crisis Line is NRS Friendly
- TTY users can phone 1800 555 677 then ask for 1800 806 292
- Speak & Listen (speech-to-speech) users can phone 1800 555 727 then ask for 1800 806 292
- Internet relay users can connect to NRS on www.relayservice.com.au then ask for 1800 806 292
SACL acknowledges and pays respect to the Kulin nations, the traditional owners of the land on which SACL sits today. We pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders, past, present and future.